Little Traditions: Happy Half Birthday!
If there is one thing I absolutely love about having a family, it’s starting little traditions of our very own, be it our anniversary family holiday or after bedtime dessert runs. Since Everly’s birthday falls so close to Christmas, we decided we’d start another little tradition by celebrating her half birthday in the summertime. We wanted to have just a mini celebration - a sweet treat, a little gift or two and a birthday song. We plan to do the same for Arlo on his half birthday too. Here’s how we celebrated Everly’s special day:
A pink cupcake with rainbow sprinkles!
Laughing at baby brother in a party hat!
Opening her gifts: a child sized accordian
And a kinderglo, color changing portable night light. They were both a BIG hit with our little lady.
I think we had as much fun as she did. Brent keeps playing the little accordian and I’ve had to remind him that he has to share with his daughter! Does your family celebrate half birthdays? Do you have little traditions of your own?
Everly’s Romper is by Corky’s Kids via Zulily
Her sandals are by Itzy Bitzy via Totsy
- missanguishplusbaby reblogged this from dearbaby and added:
- myownmelt likes this
- moralucena reblogged this from dearbaby
- annieandrews likes this
- elizabethmulder likes this
- dontcallmechauncey likes this
- amandacelestelives likes this
- dearheatherfeather likes this
- half-formed-things likes this
- kaylaartrip likes this
- therewritingprocess likes this
- theinteriorstylist likes this
- tracydam likes this
- charlienovember likes this
- csparksjoost said: Yes! I love this bc I grew up with a half birthday. My bday is Dec 15th and still at 22 I get half bday gifts from my family. So sweet.
- doubtinglyhopeful likes this
- vic-cityofdemons likes this
- coffeewithasuperhero likes this
- rebelrockstarprincess said: She looks so excited with her gifts! This is a fantastic tradition!
- rebelrockstarprincess likes this
- dodgingmirrors likes this
- honestlybelieved likes this
- kateskute likes this
- victoriashhh likes this
- happinessiseva said: That romper is to die for!!! Such a cutie! And Arlo is looking very handsome in that party hat : )
- happinessiseva likes this
- heartshapedspatula likes this
- ramirezlove likes this
- loveismy-religion likes this
- quyenhuynh likes this
- amandataylor likes this
- gohelengo likes this
- pambeckman likes this
- oursarah likes this
- kayleengamo likes this
- petitchou likes this
- gavinandxandersmom likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- stinatree likes this
- itsalovethingalways likes this
- spheress likes this
- iselamariaphotography likes this
- dixonlea likes this
- sometimesihavethoughts likes this
- mommalehya likes this
- amiracle4us said: Love this idea and her sweet happy face !!
- asitypethis said: The photo of her holding the accordian is to adorable!
- wanderlustmum likes this
- asitypethis likes this
- allidoiswatchthesky likes this