Ladies Room Fashion Show. Weeks of 4/18 & 4/25
I’m having to combine weeks again as I’ve been working from home more and more often lately. It’s just become really uncomfortable to sit at my desk for long periods of time, even with lots of walking around and using my birth ball as a chair. I’m really lucky that my company has allowed me to come in as I feel up to it but my poor Ladies Room Fashion Show posts are suffering because of it.
And I think this might be my last one. This has really been a blast and I appreciate all of you who have kindly sent comments and messages in support of this silly (but admittedly fun) little workplace maternity fashion series. Thanks for indulging me!
So let’s jump in with my last collection of fuzzy bathroom photos!
I’ve worn a variation of this outfit before. I’m slightly obsessed with this skirt as the stretchy/ruched top allows for it to double as a dress. Plus it’s really, really soft. I’ve got plans this weekend to run back over to the little shop near our local university to grab another one in a different color to wear after Arlo is born. It’s no fuss and will be super easy to nurse in too. Best 15 bucks I’ve spent in a long time.
Skirt: Sugar Magnolia
Belt: Thrifted, Goodwill
Brent and Everly picked out this top for me for my birthday. While I’m not usually a pink gal, I like the fun detail on the sleeves and knowing that they spent time choosing it just for me makes me really love it.
Also, I keep seeing different variations of these wedges from Target that run upwards of $120. I grabbed these guys for $29.99 at my local Target and I’m happy to report that they’re pretty comfortable too (edit: a few readers said they dug in their heels, I wear my often without that problem - but be sure to try them on and see how the work for you!).
Top: Francesca’s Collections
Jeans: Gap Skinny Maternity
Shoes: Mossimo, Target
I think this bright skirt is so much fun. It just screams spring to me. I remember the day I found it while shopping at Held Over in the Haight. I was fairly early on in my pregnancy with Everly and wound up wearing it all the way through! I love pieces like this that work whether I’ve got a normal waistline or a fully baked baby in my belly.
And I caved to the flats this week. You know I’m legit uncomfortable when I finally say bye bye to my trusty tall wedges and heels.
Shoes: Target (I’m lovin’ on some Target this week!)
Thursday was a CRAZY one for me. Back to back meetings for most of the day and rarely a spare moment to catch my breath. I’ve been laying in bed at night thinking about all of the ends I need to tie up on projects before I go out on maternity leave. I plan to work right up until Arlo is born so I don’t know how many days I have left to get it all done. With so many meetings, I wanted something stretchy and comfortable and this ensemble fit the bill.
Skirt: Asos Maternity
Shoes: Steve Madden ( You can’t really tell in this photo, but they are the cutest shade of mustard yellow with gun metal colored sequins on the toe)
Which leads us to today. I have to admit, I was watching the royal wedding coverage when I got dressed this morning and Princess Catherine’s beautiful dress inspired me to add a little feminine lace to today’s attire. I think wearing tank tops to the office is probably inappropriate (although I wear little cap sleeves all the time) but who cares, it’s the last day of LRFS so I decided to go WILD (It’s pretty sad if this is my definition of wild these days).
Tank: Francesca’s Collections
Lace Vest: c/o Francesca’s Collections
Skirt: Sugar Magnolia
FAREWELL LADIES ROOM FASHION SHOW! You’ve brought me a good laugh and taught me to be extra stealthy in taking photos in a shared bathroom. For those of you who are really bored, take a look back at all 11 weeks of my LRFS posts:
(whew, that’s a lot of potty breaks)
- myownmelt likes this
- valeriegoes likes this
- asummerinohio likes this
- katelynkupcakes reblogged this from dearbaby
- lifefromabooth likes this
- katelynkupcakes said: This is amazing. You are adorable and this has been so helpful :) just came across this today, what perfect timing bc I had been stressing over where to get cute maternity clothes for summer. I’m 25 weeks and having my first real growth spurt :)
- katelynkupcakes likes this
- loveismy-religion likes this
- strawberryschneider likes this
- happinessiseva likes this
- lovestacy likes this
- wheresmine likes this
- mint-labyrinth likes this
- asitypethis likes this
- the-sf-lovely likes this
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- charlotteaddams likes this
- giin likes this
- rondicasmith likes this
- greskoed likes this
- graceinplace likes this
- muchlovekris likes this
- nevernorthernlights likes this
- quyenhuynh likes this
- stickyhide likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- czesc said: You have such wonderful taste in clothes! Very simple, very elegant, very feminine. P.S. I’m secretly hoping that Arlo is born on my birthday, May 17th haha can you hold out that long? :3 Ohmygosh that’d be so cool haha
- denverbsides said: I picked up those Target shoes also. Problem is, the back with the zipper scratches my ankle something fierce. I plan on fashioning a thick felt flap on the back of them so I can stand to wear them all day. Do you have this problem too?
- slb1107 likes this
- oursarah likes this
- msski likes this
- czesc likes this
- tallgirltales likes this
- cadyheron likes this
- dearbaby posted this