Last week, our house was hit with an awful bug that included vomiting, fevers, and feeling achey & lethargic (but none of these symptoms at the same time). It seemed to go in rounds. Hitting Arlo first last Saturday as he threw up late into the evening and slept all day Sunday. Then Everly had a high fever through Monday morning. Everyone seemed okay for a day and a half until Everly starting throwing up late on Wednesday and we had to change her bedding and pajamas over and over again throughout the night. Thursday found Brent in bed with chills and fever. I also battled a few days of feeling bad, but faired the best of our crew.
It was awful. By Friday we were all going stir crazy from being cooped up in doors in our self-imposed quarantine. On top of that, because of the sickness I had to cancel a trip to Boston last weekend for a bachelorette weekend for one of my dear friends, Megahn and my newest nephew turned a week old on Friday and we still haven’t met him because we’ve been sick. Needless to say, we were all in a bit of a physical and mental funk.
We woke up on Saturday to blue skies and sunshine. Still cautious to spread any lingering germs, we decided to spend the day in the glory of our warm front yard. With each hour that passed, we peeled off layers of clothing and shoes until we reached the point that we seriously contemplated putting on shorts or bathing suits!
We had two full days of laying in sunny spots, eating lunch outdoors, music blaring from every open window, playing with all the outdoor toys we could fit in the front yard, making water hose rainbows, and searching all of the trees in our yards for flowering buds.
Our rotten week was made better by the beauty of our weekend. Spring has found us and not a moment too soon.
- zeruyaa likes this
- dearheatherfeather likes this
- annoula likes this
- dodgingmirrors likes this
- half-formed-things likes this
- misspatootyrants likes this
- infertilityandbeyond likes this
- thetigerwhocametotea said: You poor things glad your all feeling better, we’ve had sickness bugs going around London all winter it’s just nasty. xxx
- happinessiseva likes this
- sharksandrecreation likes this
- ms-amandajane likes this
- three-peas likes this
- seeleytimes2 likes this
- pitterpatterdiary likes this
- tiffany-marie-blog likes this
- ilovebean said: I can’t believe how big Arlo is getting! Look at him! Where is your baby? He’s a boy!
- ilovebean likes this
- missyymel likes this
- loveismy-religion likes this
- willrunforshoes likes this
- jaimiehahn likes this
- capps-25 likes this
- therewritingprocess likes this
- amillionintangibles likes this
- ramblingsofasortadomesticgoddess likes this
- graceandthunderxo likes this
- treeanbee likes this
- relovingit likes this
- quyenhuynh likes this
- thisworldisrandom likes this
- photographieparjour likes this
- mommiemaddness likes this
- wisheezy likes this
- marriedwithchildrens likes this
- recordinghope likes this
- pieceofmymind likes this
- asitypethis said: my mom was sick .. I caught it & ended up getting strep & bronchitis. glad your house is on the mend! can’t wait till we get warmer weather here! …
- asitypethis likes this
- fourmenandalady likes this
- runningforourbaby likes this
- theendofmissing likes this
- alexash likes this
- peaceandjoy likes this
- greskoed likes this
- burgersandkeylimepie said: I feel yeah. Our little family was sick last week too. It was awful, but we’re on the mends now. Jealous of the weather you are having!
- graceinplace likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- gavinandxandersmom likes this
- phrathepmali likes this
- lovecuriosityfrecklesdoubt likes this