My little artist was hard at work this weekend creating a few masterpieces for us on her easel. Everly looked over at me at one point and said, “I need a painter hat like Ruby has on tv.” I realized she was talking about a cartoon she had seen recently where a bunny was wearing a little beret and a smock as she painted.
I dug around in my closet and found this orange beret that I wore a lot right after Everly was born. I haven’t really worn it much since then, and something about seeing it propped there on her little head as she painted brought me such happiness. I love that it has found itself such a worthy new life after being crammed in the dark of my closet for several years.
We’ve found it challenging to keep Everly and Arlo entertained this winter when our time outdoors has been limited. We’ve been doing a lot of painting, modeling clay and I’m always on the look out for little craft kits or stickers. Recently, I discovered the BabbaCo Newsletter, which provides lots of ideas for indoor activities, crafts, and age appropriate recipes.
I’ve been slapping together tissue paper and pompom balls a bit haphazardly to come up with craft projects for the kids when they start to get a little stir crazy from being indoors, but BabbaCo offers themed activity boxes sent to your door each month with crafts, learning materials, books and fun activities to engage your child in educational and creative ways. (Note: Use Coupon Code: FEB33 at checkout for 33% off your first box.)
Between their free newsletter and their monthly subscription creative play boxes, BabbaCo helps beat the indoor blues. Artist beret optional!
This post is sponsored by BabbaCo. Thank you for your kindness in supporting my blog and the occasional sponsors I work with.
- dearheatherfeather likes this
- annoula likes this
- spookyshoes likes this
- quarterlifecoe likes this
- half-formed-things likes this
- karlaakins likes this
- quyenhuynh likes this
- ihatepickingtheurl likes this
- heartshapedspatula likes this
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- phrathepmali likes this
- greskoed likes this
- raisingava likes this
- themooresthemerrier likes this
- thetickingtimemom likes this
- gohelengo likes this
- daysmom likes this
- ourlittlelove likes this
- oneofourown likes this
- geraldaisy likes this
- pqvy likes this
- gavinandxandersmom likes this
- april10tth reblogged this from dearbaby
- highwayblues likes this
- clairebrighten likes this
- petitchou likes this
- careabtsomething likes this
- beamie likes this
- beautifail likes this
- georgiegirlnyc said: You are far more trusting than me - i wont let C paint indoors!
- wheremygreengrassgrows said: Been using Babba for the past year and LOVE it! Lily loves to find that green box waiting on the porch for her :)
- a-beautiful-sunshine said: This is so precious!
- a-beautiful-sunshine likes this
- nomadiclife2006 likes this
- nomadsoul likes this
- therewritingprocess likes this
- cameramasmommy likes this
- photographieparjour likes this
- sarastarshine likes this
- alexaunderground likes this
- estherandme likes this
- littlefrills likes this
- unintendeddestination likes this
- pieceofmymind likes this
- monita said: OMG that beret is just too cute!
- miniaturebee likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- tinaocreek likes this
- monekah likes this
- chambersofmolly likes this