Giveaway [Now Closed]: Huntington Kitchen & Onyx Moonshine
The winner of the Social Dress Shop & Noonday Collections giveaway is Maya who shared her favorite reason to dress up:
My husband and I are students and we had a baby 3 months ago. Since we rarely get a chance to go out (and can’t really afford to when we do!) one of our favorite things to do is dress up at home, light some candles, and make a fancy dinner together
When fellow Raleigh resident Jennifer Huntington reached out to me and asked if I’d like to try a few things from her line of nut butters and granolas I was totally game. I’m always interested in discovering locally made products for our family and I was impressed with what I read on the Huntington Kitchen site about the use of natural and locally sourced ingredients. I never considered myself a granola junkie. I liked it, but the words, “I love granola” had never come out of my mouth until I had Huntington Kitchen’s Autumn Harvest Blend. Now the bag is empty and I pine for it like a long lost love. It’s addictive with bits of dates, apricot and candied ginger. I asked Jen what her secret ingredient was and she said it’s the handmade bourbon vanilla extract that they use in many of their products. Today Huntington Kitchen is giving away a granola sampler that includes their Carolina Blend, Chocolate Blend & Strawberry Banana granolas. They’re also including their nut butter sampler with their almond butter, cashew butter and your choice of one of their specialty peanut butters (We love the vanilla coffee peanut butter and the chocolate peanut butter). Whoever wins this one has to email me so that I have someone to talk to about how ridiculously good this stuff is!
A totally foodie giveaway today - something to snack on and something to sip! To add to the fun, I want to introduce Onyx Moonshine, a Connecticut based distillery. When I think ‘moonshine” I think of the potent stuff my grandfather and his friends used to sip out of mason jars (shhhh!) But Onyx is on a different level - super smooth and very versatile in cocktail mixing since it’s flavor can take the place of vodka or whiskey. A fun little fact - moonshine is actually the only original American spirit aside from bourbon. And the history buff in me loves that the two young guys who founded Onyx Spirits did so after discovering a family recipe from prohibition. It was also featured in the goodie bags at this year’s Grammy awards! Today they are giving away one bottle of Onyx Moonshine.
One winner will win both of the prizes above from these sponsors. Contest open to USA only. Must be 21 years or older to win. To enter, leave a comment below and tell me about your plans for the weekend.
I’ll announce the randomly selected winner Saturday afternoon at 2pm.
- lifeinallitsbeauty said:That sounds delicious! This weekend I am finishing up the gift wrapping (and making, Im a bit last minute) and heading to my boyfriend’s hometown for some family Christmas festivities! Hope your weekend is looking good too!
- haberdashoflife said:Tonight I am going out for the first time since my second baby was born 8 weeks ago. I may need a shot of that moonshine to get me through the night! Ha
- myivflife said:It’s going to be a busy crazy weekend for us! Family, friends, dinners, parties and Trans Siberian Orchestra!
- pqvy likes this
- karlaakins likes this
- pppaintingyellow said:Great giveaways! Plans are to clean the house, bake for Christmas and do final last minute Christmas things…also want to try to squeeze in some relaxation in there!!
- mustardseedtrees said:This weekend I travel back home to Atlanta to be with my family for the holidays. I’m excited to show them the first sonogram pictures we got at the doctor last week. Merry Christmas!
- totallyvegan said:Hi Melissa! Such a great giveaway! This weekend I’m going to wrap presents, drink egg nog, and spend time with my friends! Happy Holidays to all the Jordans-
- alcazzuri likes this
- creativelydes said:We’re road tripping this weekend from San Francisco to San Diego to visit family and tell them we’re expecting! It’s going to be wild. A very Merry Christmas this year!
- mydearlittleones said:Saturday we’re leaving to drive from CA to CO to surprise our family for Xmas :)
- you-n-me-kid said:What fun! I do love granola! I’m busy working all weekend! Grace and Peace! jen.
- jamie-love said:I’m visiting Germany for the holidays and plan on exploring downtown Wurzburg a little bit. I may stop by the Christmas market and buy some fun little trinkets or sit down at a funky cafe and drink a cup of coffee. We’ll see!
- amiracle4us said:We will be piling the family into the car and driving to NY for baby girls first Christmas!!! Fingers crossed the weather report is correct and it will be a white one :)
- mommaofboys said:Ill be baking away for the holiday.
- mommaofboys likes this
- karmic-intervention said:This weekend is full of last-minute running around for Christmas! I have GOT to stop procrastinating…
- thatwhichisloved said:My plans are to go out with my hubby, best friends and family and have a few drinks for my birthday. My parents will have my lil ones so I can get my first night out in a year (:
- champagnetoasts likes this
- strengthandlace said:I plan on wrapping presents this weekend!!
- katherine said:This weekend is lots of visiting with my parents, who are visiting, and my first shift back at work since the birth of my new baby
- oh-em-rochelle said:I will be celebrating my 2 year anniversary with the most amazing guy ever! And packing to move into my new apartment. Both a stressful and loving weekend.
- laurakdempsey said:I will spend this weekend prepping for my xmas extravaganza! I am opening my home to those who can’t make it to see their families this year. I have brunch, dinner, Le Mis plans, goodie bags, and a present swap to prepare!
- megburns likes this
- unfortunatelymegan likes this
- unfortunatelymegan said:Gonna be on the road, NC to OH on saturday, yay holiday travel!
- wishingitwassummer said:Our family’s weekend plan is to finish up Christmas to do list and celebrate Christmas with my dad Sunday! Our 2 year will be do fun opening gifts!
- weknowjack said:Weekend plans for us will be to soak in the holiday season since its passing by so quickly. We’re excited to go and see some lights with our kids and snuggle with our newest addition who is only 3 weeks old on Monday :-)
- kattheflip said:My weekend plans is to tackle last minute Christmas shopping & head up to stay with my parents for the Holiday :)
- itdoesnthappenallatonce said:My plans this weekend are to love on my 7 month old. She getting too big too fast. I want to relish in every single moment with her.
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- dearbaby posted this